Forests Today & Forever can provide forest education at your outdoor school. Our goal is to enhance student understanding and appreciation of Oregon’s forests and the multiple resources they provide to our communities, including clean water and air, wildlife habitat, jobs, and the products we use every day.
Program time is approximately one hour. Time can be +/- 15 minutes depending on school need. Groups of 25 or less are desirable.
- $100 for 1 one-hour outdoor school program from menu below
- $200 for 1 one-hour custom outdoor school program
- $50 for additional programs (of the same topic) on the same day or consecutive days
- Maximum six one-hour programs per day ($350 for standard program from menu and $450 for custom program)
- A supply fee may also be applicable depending on the program
Below is our current menu of programs. If one of these does not satisfy your objectives, we can work with you to customize a program to meet your needs. Lessons are interactive and the instructor utilizes the outdoors as a resource for teaching.
- Tools of the Trade: By the end of the lesson, students can 1) describe what a forester does, 2) identify some of the common tools that foresters use when working in the woods 3) explain how these tools are applied to grow healthy forests.
- Grown in Oregon and Used Around the World!: By the end of the lesson, students can 1) explain the difference between broadleaf/hardwoods and conifers/softwoods, 2) give examples of ways hardwoods and softwoods are used to make products that we use in our everyday lives, and 3) explain why Douglas-fir is a unique and valuable tree, and 4) give examples of products made from Douglas-fir.
- Forest Foes: By the end of the lesson, students can 1) define the terms natives species, non-native species, and invasive species, 2) identify methods and tools for controlling invasive species, and 3) explain how Oregon’s residents can help stop the spread of forest invaders.